Telephone: 020 7700 6464
Fax: Please note we no longer accept firstname.lastname@example.org
Service Quality and Safety Information Statement
Amanda Meehan is the Practice person responsible for creating systems from which she originates, manages, collates, analyses and evaluates all information:
- About the quality and safety of the care, treatment, support and regulatory compliance achieved by the Practice;
- Provided by external guidance and reviews issued by national organisations;
- About the risk(s) to people’s health, welfare and safety.
She then reviews this with the Practice Partners, who agree relevant changes which are subsequently implemented.Amanda Meehan is responsible for ensuring that relevant and necessary audits are undertaken and completed by staff and the information is taken to the Partners, staff and if needed PPG in order to review service provision.
Fair Processing Notice
How we use your information
This privacy notice explains why we as a Practice collect information about our patients and how we use that information.
Village Practice manages patient information in accordance with existing laws and with guidance from organisations that govern the provision of healthcare in Wales such as the Department of Health and the General Medical Council.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and will only use information collected lawfully in accordance with:
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Human Rights Act 1998
- Common Law Duty of Confidentiality
- Health and Social Care Act 2012
- NHS Codes of Confidentiality and Information Security
As data controllers, GPs have fair processing responsibilities under the Data Protection Act 1998. In practice, this means ensuring that your personal confidential data (PCD) is handled clearly and transparently, and in a reasonably expected way.
The Health and Social Care Act 2012 changed the way that personal confidential data is processed, therefore it is important that our patients are aware of and understand these changes, and that you have an opportunity to object and know how to do so.
The health care professionals who provide you with care maintain records about your health and any NHS treatment or care you have received (e.g. NHS Hospital Trust, GP Surgery, Walk-in clinic, etc.). These records help to provide you with the best possible healthcare.
NHS health records may be processed electronically, on paper or a mixture of both; a combination of working practices and technology are used to ensure that your information is kept confidential and secure. Records held by this GP practice may include the following information:
- Details about you, such as address and next of kin
- Any contact the practice has had with you, including appointments (emergency or scheduled), clinic visits, etc.
- Notes and reports about your health
- Details about treatment and care received
- Results of investigations, such as laboratory tests, x-rays, etc.
- Relevant information from other health professionals, relatives or those who care for you
The practice collects and holds data for the sole purpose of providing healthcare services to our patients and we will ensure that the information is kept confidential. However, we can disclose personal information if:
- It is required by law
- You provide consent – either implicitly or for the sake of their own care, or explicitly for other purposes
- It is justified to be in the public interestSome of this information will be held centrally and used for statistical purposes. Where we hold data centrally, we take strict and secure measures to ensure that individual patients cannot be identified.Information may be used for clinical audit purposes to monitor the quality of service provided, and may be held centrally and used for statistical purposes. Where we do this we ensure that patient records cannot be identified.Sometimes your information may be requested to be used for clinical research purposes – the practice will always endeavour to gain your consent before releasing the information.Improvements in information technology are also making it possible for us to share data with other healthcare providers with the objective of providing you with better care.Patients can choose to withdraw their consent to their data being used in this way. When the practice is about to participate in any new data-sharing scheme we will make patients aware by displaying prominent notices in the surgery and on our website at least four weeks before the scheme is due to start. We will also explain clearly what you have to do to ‘opt-out’ of each new scheme.A patient can object to their personal information being shared with other health care providers but if this limits the treatment that you can receive then the doctor will explain this to you at the time.
Mobile TelephoneIf you provide us with your mobile phone number we may use this to send you reminders about any appointments or other health screening information being carried out.
Confidentiality/Data Protection Act
Please note we are registered with the Information Commissioners Office – click below for registration details.
Confidentiality of your medical records is important to us. Your records will only be seen and shared by professionals who are involved in your care. We do not share your personal information with third parties without your explicit consent; this also includes relatives (and parents).
Confidentiality will be breached only in exceptional circumstances such as concerns about an individual’s welfare or risk to others.
Freedom of Information
The ICO has published a new Model Publication Scheme that all public authorities are required to adopt by 1st January 2009.
Sharing your experience on iWantGreatCare ensures that your opinion counts, is heard by those that care for you, and can help the next patient find great care. Whether you wish to say a public thank you for truly great care, or highlight things that could have been done better, iWantGreatCare is the place to do it if you want to make a difference.Please follow link below.
You can also give us feedback via NHS Choices website. Please note the comments are public.
Update Your Details
Friends & Family Test
Patient Feedback - Patient Survey
08:00 - 18.30
08:00 - 18.30
08:00 - 18.30
08:00 - 18.30
08:00 - 18.30